How to Start or Stop Services
To Start water service with Georgia Water and Well:
- Proof of property ownership or a lease agreement for the requested service address in the applicants name.
- Applicant’s picture ID issued by a federal, state or local government agency.
- A Connection fee of $125.00.
- The applicant must present the above, in person at our offices before an account can be established.
To Stop Services with Georgia Water and Well:
- It is the responsibility of the account holder to notify Georgia Water and Well either by phone at 706-543-9353 or in person at 930 Newton Bridge Rd. Athens, GA 30607. The account holder will continue to be billed until this process has been completed.
- Services turned off for non-payment WILL NOT terminate a utility account. Accounts that are not paid in full when account holder vacates the property are subject to being turned over to a Collection Agency.