We welcome you as a customer to Georgia Water and Well.We would like to acquaint you with some of our policies and procedures.
- Office Hours for Georgia Water and Well are 8:00 A.M.- 5:00 P.M. (Monday-Friday)
- Billing Office 706-543-9353 Fax 706-369-1125
- After Hours Emergency Service 706-543-9353 Option 0. Note: A $65.00 Fee may apply.
- After Hours/ Weekend/ Holidays: There will be a $65.00 after hours fee applied to your account if the problem is on your side of the meter. After hours begins at 5:00 P.M. and ends at 8:00 A.M. the following business day.
- When starting a new utility account, a connection fee is required. The connection fee is $125.00. Identification and a rental agreement or proof of ownership is required.
- When transferring an account from one location to another, a $10.00 fee is applicable. Your account must be current before services can be transferred.
- Water bills are expected to be paid by 5:00 P.M. before the 10th of every month. Bills go out on the 20th of every month. Payments received after the 10th of the month will accrue a late fee of 15% of the accrued balance. If the account becomes delinquent, it will be subject to disconnection of services without further notice. If you have not received your bill in a timely manor, contact the billing office at 706-543-9353 during normal office hours. Failure to receive your bill does not exempt an account from late fees and/or interruption of services and applicable fees.
- Payment plans may be available if requested before the scheduled cut off date. Plans will alsos be available if there has been a major water leak on the property. No plans will be issued for an account with a balance of less than $300.00.
- A $46.00 service charge will be charged to the account for the handling of all returned checks.
- If your service is disconnected for non-payment the following charges are applicable:
- $75.00 Reconnect fee.
- $250.00 Tampering Fee- if the meter has been tampered with.
Service Technicians are prohibited to accept payments for water bills.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information:
GA Water and Well Services, Inc may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
– To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
– To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
– To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, they may do so by contacting us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
GA Water and Well Services, Inc
930 Newton Bridge Rd.
Athens, GA 30607
To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and opt out of customized Google Display Network ads, please visit the Ads Preferences Manager.
This document was last updated on December 18, 2012